March 28, 2008
Hello, my name is Shawn, and I’m a SHAMAN!
So, just a few updates on what’s going on right now with me.
Health and Life
- I finished all my treatments for my recent illness, and should be able to go back to work soon.
- I’m looking into several work-alternative options, such as going back to school with state aid, and applying for medical disability. I think I’d much prefer the first option.
- Ran Wailing Caverns with the Yellow Pox yesterday. The Serpent’s Shoulders, Gloves of the Fang, and Worn Turtle Shell Shield all dropped. Blackmyst already had the shoulders and gloves, and Lazz already had the shield, so I happily picked those up. Robe of the Moccasin also dropped, grats to DeadRabbit for getting that one.
- After the WC run, I realized I really don’t like playing Elemental, and respecced to Enhancement. We’re running the instances enough that gear issues haven’t been a problem. Discussed with Blackmyst, and he agreed and was fine with the respec.
- I dropped Skinning. I make quite a profit on the AH, and can afford to buy my mats. Plus, Blackmyst skins a ton of stuff, and usually sends some my way. I appreciate it, and I keep him in some good gear (+1 Deviate Scale Belt for Blackmyst).
- I picked up Engineering. I LOVE the goggles/hats made by engineers, and I figure, despite the fact that DeadRabbit is an Engineer as well, we won’t be encroaching on each others profits, as there’s not much to be made from Engineering, anyway.
- I also made myself a Deviate Scale Belt, and picked up Razor’s Edge. I’m looking pretty good in my Blues. Now I just need a good chest piece. Hmmm, Armor of the Fang would be nice…
- Getting pretty close to 40! I’ve got four more levels to go, and have been doing a little prep work, like saving my money for my mount. Speaking of which…
- I spent the last couple days running around, doing some gray quests. Why?
- That’s right, I’m Exalted with Darnassus at level 36. I’m getting myself a Tiger mount.
- I plan on doing some SM runs with my 70 warrior friend today. He wants to get me some good mail armor for when I turn 40. In turn, I’ll be running his 20 druid through SFK and BFD. Tried to Solo BFD last night, got a little hung up near the end with the healers. But finishing the quests in there put me over the top for Darnassus Rep.
- Also, at 40: DUAL WIELD! I’m a little excited.
Oh, and as a Pink Floyd fan, this made me smile:
(If, for some bizarre reason, you don’t know what I’m referencing, you can find it here.)