May 28, 2008
I like being in a WoW community where everyone helps each other, there’s good communication between players, and a friendly attitude. Pox Arcanum was my first experience with this, despite being in numerous guilds on several servers, and I just started a Horde alt on Drenden to play with GameDame‘s new (soon-to-be) guild.
However, I don’t like being the new guy in said groups, where it feels like everyone is going out of their way to help me, and I’m unable to really contribute yet, other than my participation.
I’ll get there soon, though.
May 9, 2008
The Dark Shaman’s Cover. It’s got ears.
I’m totally Batman.
April 23, 2008
I got my tax refund back recently. Actually, like a week ago. And yes, TJ, I am one of those people that wait until the very last minute to get it all done. Fortunately for people in your profession, I did mine myself.
Actually, my mom did them, as payment for setting up her new computer.
ANYWAY, I got my refund, which was quite a relief after not working for 3 months. Know what I spent it on?
But I also got a little something for myself, the Belkin n52te gamepad, and let me tell you, I’m loving it. It’s taken a bit of practice to get used to it, and a mod to remind me what buttons do what, but I feel like I have alot more freedom of movement with my fingers than when using my laptop’s keyboard. I’ve yet to try any serious work-out sessions with it, like PVPing with my hunter twink, but it’ll happen.
April 17, 2008
I’ve been leveling Uhtar quite a bit, recently, and my level-70 Warrior friend, Rap, has been helping out quite a bit. Seems he wants to get some Arena team set up, and thinks I’d make a good addition. Go figure.
Anyway, he’s been tanking all my quests for me, helping me plow through all the Azeroth material in personal-record time. One thing we’ve noticed, though, is I seem to have really good luck. Greens drop constantly for me, blues seem to drop far more often than they should, and the other day, I got one of these:
Now, if I were a Warlock, I’d have popped that thing on in a heartbeat. But, as I was still saving for my epic mount, it got sent to my bank-alt and AH’d. Plus, as an Alchemist, I had the Philosopher’s Stone and, working in WPL, the Argent Dawn Commission.
Rap seems to be pretty jealous of my treasure finding
April 16, 2008
Okay, I’ve been gone for a while. Not like I left, or had urgent, pressing business, or I was kidnapped or anything like that. I’ve just been really lazy about posting to my blog. I’ve been playing alot of WoW, though (since I’m still not back at work. This friday, though! =D), and I guess there’s lots of stuff I’ve screen-shot to post about, and just not done it. I’ll be putting some of it up, but in bits and pieces, so it doesn’t seem like an overwhelming flood of “Here’s what I did today” info.
Meet Sein. Sein is a BG monster. Seriously. I’ve been playing about a round of WSG a day with him, and even joined a Twink guild, I’d Crit That, on Echo Isles. If I don’t manage to come out on top with HK’s and killing blows, it’s usually because I’ve been running defense or running the flag. I’m having alot of fun with it.
I think one of my favorite things to do is target all the healers in the opposing team. Paladins can be a bit of a nuisance, especially since they have that free-movement blessing (which totally negates my Concussive Shot), but Priests, Druids, and Shaman are easy pickings for my gun-toting buddy. I really dislike rogues, but I can come out on top about 80% of the time with Wing Clip, traps, and jump-shotting CS.
So that’s one of the many things I’ve been up to recently. See you again real soon. (For reals. Really.)
March 28, 2008
So, just a few updates on what’s going on right now with me.
Health and Life
- I finished all my treatments for my recent illness, and should be able to go back to work soon.
- I’m looking into several work-alternative options, such as going back to school with state aid, and applying for medical disability. I think I’d much prefer the first option.
- Ran Wailing Caverns with the Yellow Pox yesterday. The Serpent’s Shoulders, Gloves of the Fang, and Worn Turtle Shell Shield all dropped. Blackmyst already had the shoulders and gloves, and Lazz already had the shield, so I happily picked those up. Robe of the Moccasin also dropped, grats to DeadRabbit for getting that one.
- After the WC run, I realized I really don’t like playing Elemental, and respecced to Enhancement. We’re running the instances enough that gear issues haven’t been a problem. Discussed with Blackmyst, and he agreed and was fine with the respec.
- I dropped Skinning. I make quite a profit on the AH, and can afford to buy my mats. Plus, Blackmyst skins a ton of stuff, and usually sends some my way. I appreciate it, and I keep him in some good gear (+1 Deviate Scale Belt for Blackmyst).
- I picked up Engineering. I LOVE the goggles/hats made by engineers, and I figure, despite the fact that DeadRabbit is an Engineer as well, we won’t be encroaching on each others profits, as there’s not much to be made from Engineering, anyway.
- I also made myself a Deviate Scale Belt, and picked up Razor’s Edge. I’m looking pretty good in my Blues. Now I just need a good chest piece. Hmmm, Armor of the Fang would be nice…
- Getting pretty close to 40! I’ve got four more levels to go, and have been doing a little prep work, like saving my money for my mount. Speaking of which…
- I spent the last couple days running around, doing some gray quests. Why?
- That’s right, I’m Exalted with Darnassus at level 36. I’m getting myself a Tiger mount.
- I plan on doing some SM runs with my 70 warrior friend today. He wants to get me some good mail armor for when I turn 40. In turn, I’ll be running his 20 druid through SFK and BFD. Tried to Solo BFD last night, got a little hung up near the end with the healers. But finishing the quests in there put me over the top for Darnassus Rep.
- Also, at 40: DUAL WIELD! I’m a little excited.
Oh, and as a Pink Floyd fan, this made me smile:
(If, for some bizarre reason, you don’t know what I’m referencing, you can find it here.)
March 18, 2008
I’ve got Shamans on the brain. So, I couldn’t let my next WoWCraft not be Shaman-focused. It’s not quite finished; I’m going to do a little more detail work tomorrow, but it’s so close that I feel like it’s ready for pics.
And my reference pics:
I might finish it up with some swirly-deals tomorrow. Other than that, it’s time for me to move on to my next project.
Any (reasonable) suggestions? (I’m looking at you, Dammerung)