May 7, 2008
In case you didn’t know, this is about my friend DeadRabbit of Pox Arcanum.
Think you can do better? I’d love to see more WoW-themed lymerics, so go ahead and post one up in the comments.
March 28, 2008
So, just a few updates on what’s going on right now with me.
Health and Life
- I finished all my treatments for my recent illness, and should be able to go back to work soon.
- I’m looking into several work-alternative options, such as going back to school with state aid, and applying for medical disability. I think I’d much prefer the first option.
- Ran Wailing Caverns with the Yellow Pox yesterday. The Serpent’s Shoulders, Gloves of the Fang, and Worn Turtle Shell Shield all dropped. Blackmyst already had the shoulders and gloves, and Lazz already had the shield, so I happily picked those up. Robe of the Moccasin also dropped, grats to DeadRabbit for getting that one.
- After the WC run, I realized I really don’t like playing Elemental, and respecced to Enhancement. We’re running the instances enough that gear issues haven’t been a problem. Discussed with Blackmyst, and he agreed and was fine with the respec.
- I dropped Skinning. I make quite a profit on the AH, and can afford to buy my mats. Plus, Blackmyst skins a ton of stuff, and usually sends some my way. I appreciate it, and I keep him in some good gear (+1 Deviate Scale Belt for Blackmyst).
- I picked up Engineering. I LOVE the goggles/hats made by engineers, and I figure, despite the fact that DeadRabbit is an Engineer as well, we won’t be encroaching on each others profits, as there’s not much to be made from Engineering, anyway.
- I also made myself a Deviate Scale Belt, and picked up Razor’s Edge. I’m looking pretty good in my Blues. Now I just need a good chest piece. Hmmm, Armor of the Fang would be nice…
- Getting pretty close to 40! I’ve got four more levels to go, and have been doing a little prep work, like saving my money for my mount. Speaking of which…
- I spent the last couple days running around, doing some gray quests. Why?
- That’s right, I’m Exalted with Darnassus at level 36. I’m getting myself a Tiger mount.
- I plan on doing some SM runs with my 70 warrior friend today. He wants to get me some good mail armor for when I turn 40. In turn, I’ll be running his 20 druid through SFK and BFD. Tried to Solo BFD last night, got a little hung up near the end with the healers. But finishing the quests in there put me over the top for Darnassus Rep.
- Also, at 40: DUAL WIELD! I’m a little excited.
Oh, and as a Pink Floyd fan, this made me smile:
(If, for some bizarre reason, you don’t know what I’m referencing, you can find it here.)
March 18, 2008
I’ve got Shamans on the brain. So, I couldn’t let my next WoWCraft not be Shaman-focused. It’s not quite finished; I’m going to do a little more detail work tomorrow, but it’s so close that I feel like it’s ready for pics.
And my reference pics:
I might finish it up with some swirly-deals tomorrow. Other than that, it’s time for me to move on to my next project.
Any (reasonable) suggestions? (I’m looking at you, Dammerung)
February 26, 2008
So, now that I’ve got Fuller up and going on Pox Arcanum, I’ve been really wanting to play a Shaman, but can’t until the whole group is ready to go. Which, of course, is the whole nature of the Pox Arcanum experiment.
However, it leaves me with this need, this urge to play a shaman.
Which is okay, because I just happen to have another one. I spent a few hours playing Uhtar some more, and I must say I really like the Shaman Enhancement play style. Most of my toons have been ranged/casters, so it’s a new experience getting down and dirty like that. I’ve only gotten him to level 26, but here’s some of the things I love about Enhancement Shamans so far.
- Earth Shock. Caster interruption is pure awesome.
- Ghost Wolf. 40% increased move speed, and it’s own dance!
- Herbalism and skinning in Ghost Wolf form is a godsend.
- Shamanistic Focus gets you almost half-priced Shock spells after a Crit.
- FLURRY!! Increased attack speed=more chance for crits=MOAR DPS!
Ooooh… now I want to rename my Shaman to “McFlurry”…
February 21, 2008
This is my list of absolute *must have* addons for WoW.
- Auctioneer – AH addon useful for flipping and finding deals.
- Autoprofit – Automatically sells all those greys in your inventory next time you’re at a vendor.
- Baudbag – Makes all your bags into one, and color codes those greens and up.
- Cartographer – Absolute must, especially for those “where are you” moments. Also, you can load Cartographer Mining and Cartographer Herbalism to help you track down nodes.
- LightHeaded – Helpful addon that allows you to look up quest info on the fly.
- RatingBuster – Shows the difference in your stats should you equip the new item.
These are the addons I rely on the most. If anyone has any more to suggest, or maybe an upgrade of the ones I’m using, please let me know. I’m also looking for a good mail addon that will allow me to open all my mail, or at least all the ones with money attached, at a faster rate (good for checking my bank alts mail in the mornings).
February 19, 2008
So I’ve had over a week to play with Fuller. Unfortunately, our self-imposed level limit was 10, and I’d already reached that point. I wanted to get as close to zero experience as possible during the week (though I admit I got a little from discovering new areas – Oops!), and there aren’t any level 4 mobs (low enough to be gray) that you can skin in the Durotar zone. So…
I didn’t make any really great discoveries like Daxe, who got the Weather-Beaten Journal, but I have a bank full of leathers, bolts of linen and wool cloth, and plenty of Oily Blackmouth fish for our up-and-coming Alchemists.